Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Is the End Near?

I have struggled recently with world events lately and that damned Andrew West at Spelunking has got me spinning with thoughts about the globalists and terrorists and UFO's While I tend to be very positive about the US government as of late I can not help but think that it just doesn't matter what we do at this point. The rest of the world will always hate us. Maybe ole Pat Buchannan is right. Maybe we should put the concrete fence up and cut off all trade with foreign nations and let the rest of the world do whatever it is going to do.

I just have trouble accepting what the End is. I asked AWG cause I just don't understand what Bush's motivation would be. Is it to get richer? Is it truly evil and that he wants a world war? If so what would he gain by it?

Regardless what you think about Bush one thing is clear, America is a polarizing force in the world and Americans, regardless of their political bent will be the object of much of the worlds contempt. They will hate you, Left and Right, b/c you are rich, educated, religious, not religious enough, wrong religion, up tight, liberal, emperialistic, isolationist bastards. If you leave this country and travel abroad you see that it does not matter what you profess, you are who you are, AMERICAN... You will suffer their wrath even if you denounce this country and whatever it stands for.

What separates us from the world is exactly what causes us to succeed. The inextiguishable burning to be free. I fear that the end is more of what we are heaping on ourselves than what the world is heaping on us. We have a failed Social Security System. Do any of you actually think that the program is worth a damn? I know I would love to take that money and just put it into some mutual funds that will actually make me money. Why don't we have that CHOICE?
The tax system, where do I start. Lets keep it simple, why not a flat tax? Why not a sales tax? I hate friggin doing my taxes!!! I hate that I am too damn lazy to spend the three weeks pouring over every possible receipt that I might be able to squeez another deduction. I want to get a card from the govt that says Income_________ 14%fed tax______.

I think the more we heap on with spending and entitlements the closer we get to the END. Oh yeah The End Looks more like East Germany circa 1980 rather than Iraq today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually agree. Firmly. thhhllpptt!

1. Flat tax. Yes, though distributed locally, so the poorer parts of one's township, county, etc., aren't left in the cold.

2. Down with an irreparable Social Security System. We don't have the choice, Prather, because we haven't taken it.

3. I share your cynicism, that "it just doesn't matter what we do." But it's worth fighting it. We ought never be in a position that we're not thinking critically about our government, but we ought not be self-loathing like those pathetic leftists.

You do know, though, since you've traveled abroad, that Europeans generally give young Americans the benefit of the doubt — unless you're in Paris, of course.

("denominate this" …biatch).

9:09 AM  
Blogger Prather said...

They do this Cautiously, just like americans cautiously accept arabs. They only trust us standing in front of them.

12:53 PM  
Blogger dean r said...

I never read "Spelunking" on purpose. please tell me its not your only resource here... hehe.(but then again I shut out anything form Focus on the Family as well) seriously though, I sometimes like throwing myself into work and live like some Americans with no regard to national news. then sometimes I read, watch, listen to all I can, and it gets me down although I know God is there working. And then sometimes I am mad that I don't get updates on the poor miserable situations that remain and continue around the world long after a country's woes make it to news of the week. Great post JP. I'm enthused to see the discussion and dialogue about these things. Do's comment also good. One must fight in whatever little way. My stand is world government accountability with the $$ they recieve. its the poor of the world who have nothing to lose that I believe will fight for anything against the "big guy". I'm sure Wulli would have some snapple commment to throw into all this. later. DTR

3:59 PM  
Blogger Prather said...

I should have clarified a bit, I think most of Sub Saharan Africa is the anomoly. However I believe that most keep us at arms length and try to be cordial. Yes there are differences depending on where you travel, but the differences, in my opinion, lie in the cultural customs, not in the political leanings. I really feel like Bush has become the 21st century Napoleon(from france, not Siloam Springs) in the minds of non-americans. Despite where you think the War in Iraq has gone, it is obvious that it is his Waterloo. He's on his way to Corsica, but we'll see if he can stage a better comeback.

7:18 AM  
Blogger AWG said...

Only trying to offer my thoughts on issues I find important. We certainly can't count on the mainstream media to offer us anything substantive. They've got advertisers to please.

Bush's Waterloo, eh? I have to say that I agree with that one, Prather. Check out my newest post about the Iraq War entering its third stage.

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home